What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is wide-ranging branch of computer science concerned with building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. AI is an interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches, but advancements in machine learning and deep learning are creating a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.
HOW IS AI USED?
Artificial intelligence generally falls under two broad categories:
- Narrow AI: Sometimes referred to as “Weak AI,” this kind of artificial intelligence operates within a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Narrow AI is often focused on performing a single task extremely well and while these machines may seem intelligent, they are operating under far more constraints and limitations than even the most basic human intelligence.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI): AGI, sometimes referred to as “Strong AI,” is the kind of artificial intelligence we see in the movies, like the robots from Westworld or Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. AGI is a machine with general intelligence and, much like a human being, it can apply that intelligence to solve any problem.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EXAMPLES
- Smart assistants (like Siri and Alexa)
- Disease mapping and prediction tools
- Manufacturing and drone robots
- Optimized, personalized healthcare treatment recommendations
- Conversational bots for marketing and customer service
- Robo-advisors for stock trading
- Spam filters on email
- Social media monitoring tools for dangerous content or false news
- Song or TV show recommendations from Spotify and Netflix
Narrow Artificial Intelligence
Narrow AI is all around us and is easily the most successful realization of artificial intelligence to date. With its focus on performing specific tasks, Narrow AI has experienced numerous breakthroughs in the last decade that have had “significant societal benefits and have contributed to the economic vitality of the nation,” according to “Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence,” a 2016 report released by the Obama Administration.
A few examples of Narrow AI include:
- Google search
- Image recognition software
- Siri, Alexa and other personal assistants
- Self-driving cars
- IBM’s Watson
Machine Learning & Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence Projects we specialise in;
1. Handwritten Digits Recognition
AI Project Idea – Digits written by humans vary a lot in curves and sizes as they are hand-drawn, and everyone’s writing is not the same. It is a great way to start artificial intelligence by building a handwritten digit’s recognition system that can identify the digit drawn by humans.
2. Lane Line Detection
AI Project Idea – Lane line detection technique is used in many self-driving autonomous vehicles as well as line-following robots. We can use computer vision techniques such as colour thresholding to detect the lanes.
3. Spoiler Blocker Extension
AI Project Idea – When a good movie or show comes, people always spoil the fun of others by spoiling it. We can create a browser extension that will block out all the mentions of your favourite show that you don’t want to get spoiled. You can replace the mentions with a cute picture of cats.
4. Spam Classifier
AI Project Idea – Every day we get dozens of email notifications and most of them are spam. Build a tool which can classify the emails as spam or non-spam based on the content of the email alone.
5. Optimal Path
AI Project Idea – One of the challenging tasks of AI is to find the optimal path from one place to the destination place. The project idea is to find the optimal path for a vehicle to travel so that cost and time can be minimized. This is a business problem that needs solutions.
Intermediate Artificial Intelligence Project Ideas
1. Artificial Intelligence in Pneumonia Detection
AI Project Idea – Doctors use Chest X-rays to detect Pneumonia and we can build an artificial intelligence system that can identify the infection in patients’ X-ray images. For this purpose, we will use the Convolutional Neural networks to build the AI system.
2. Game of Chess
AI Project Idea – The game of chess is very popular and for a better experience of this game we must implement a good artificial intelligence system that can give competition to humans and make the game of chess a challenging task.
3. Fire Detection and Localization Using Surveillance Camera
AI Project Idea – CNN has become the state of the art in image classification and computer vision-related tasks. We can improve the fire detection system through surveillance cameras by building a model that can not only detect the fire but also the location of the fire to provide effective detection and reporting system for the safety of people.
4. Website Evaluation Using Opinion Mining
AI Project Idea – A website evaluation system where users can comment on a website about the genuineness, time taken to deliver products, etc. It will analyse the comments to rate the website on these factors.
5. T-rex Dino Bot
AI Project Idea – The Dino is a famous google chrome game that we can play when the internet connection is off. It is a good game to implement reinforcement-learning and understand how it works. We can build an algorithm for the bot that will learn itself by making mistakes.
6. Next word predictor
AI Project Idea – When you type a message your phone can automatically predict the next word you want to type. We can build an artificial intelligence model that can predict the next word that is most likely to come. To implement this, you need to have knowledge about Natural language processing and deep learning.
7. Chatbot using AIML
AI Project Idea – Chatbots are widely used in the industry level where every company requires a chatbot to automate some of the customer interaction processes. AIML is an Artificial Intelligence Mark-up Language that is used for building chatbots.
Advanced Artificial Intelligence Project Ideas
1. Fake Product Review Monitoring System
AI Project Idea – A big problem on the internet is that companies post fake reviews to sell their products or to disturb their competitors. A user has no idea if a product review is fake or genuine. To solve this problem, we can build a system that can track the IP addresses and use opinion mining to find out the fake reviews.
2. Learn to Drive with Reinforcement Learning
AI Project Idea- Build a path for cars with obstacles on the racecourse. The objective of the car(agent) is to learn how to drive by avoiding the obstacles. The concept of reinforcement learning would be used in this project.
3. Automatic Attendance System
AI Project Idea – In schools and colleges, a lot of time is wasted in taking the attendance of the students. The idea of the project is to automate the attendance system by using a camera that automatically recognizes the faces and marks the attendance of the people.
4. Price Negotiator Ecommerce Chatbot System
AI Project Idea – A chatbot system that can negotiate the price of the products. Many eCommerce companies are researching on this project as it has a lot of scope in business. The chatbot should be able to communicate with users and handle the bargaining of customers just like in the real world.
5. AI Bot to Play Snake Game
AI Project Idea – Many games need to implement an artificial bot that can compete with humans. In this project, you can start by building a bot that can learn to play the snake game. This project is great to dive into genetic algorithms and understand how a machine can evolve understanding with generations.
6. Self-Driving Car
AI Project Idea – A self-driving car is a huge project that involves a lot of sensors and cameras to obtain information of the surroundings. Then the information needs to be processed and effective decisions should be made.
7. Music Recommendation App
AI Project Idea – The Spotify app is a great music streaming platform that knows exactly what type of music they like. You can learn to build a model that will analyse the users’ music tastes and will recommend new music to them based on their interests.
WHAT WE OFFER AT REX GLOBAL
- Create and Analyse Business Case & discovery workshop
- Identify and Meet Stakeholders for Approval.
- Define Project Scope.
- Set Goals and Objectives.
- Determine Deliverables.
- Create Project Schedule and Milestones Statement of Works
- Assignment of Tasks.
- Carry Out Risk Assessment.
- Initiate project kick-off